Parsons, Hopper gossip the night away

http://goss.site/parsons-hopper-gossip-the-night-away/ --


Anyone who attended Thursday night’s 24th annual Big River Chautauqua heard the gossip Ruth Pangrace, M.Ed, as Louella Parsons and Ellen Rooney, PhD as Hedda Hopper dished out.




The evening kicked off with a performance from the Chautauqua singers followed by Parsons taking center stage. She said 20 million people read her column and 40 newspapers carry her column.




“I am very excited because I just released my new biography. It’s called the ‘Gay Illiterate’… now hold on,” exclaimed Parsons. “I am just happy. The illiterate is kind of an act, because I have always been told that I can spell anything except words.”




She stressed it’s amazing what people will tell you when they think you aren’t very smart.




+3 










Parsons/Hopper gossip the night away


Ruth Pangrace, M.Ed, as Louella Parsons is spot on in her performance Thursday evening and gave all the latest gossip.





Parsons asked the crowd how they liked her new hat she just bought to celebrate her new book. Hopper appeared on stage and told Parsons that her hat was to cover her bald spot.




“Hedda Hopper! What are you doing here, this is my radio show,” Parsons said. “This is my stage and I want you to get out of here right now! There is no bald spot!”




“Oh yes there is,” Hopper exclaimed. “You are a journalist trying to be a ham!”




Parsons said she was at least a journalist, and that Hopper was the ham.




+3 










Parsons/Hopper gossip the night away


Ellen Rooney, as Hedda Hopper, left, and Ruth Pangrace, as Louella Parsons, right, have it out on stage during the second night of this year’s Big River Chautauqua.





“A washed up grade C actress who couldn’t make it in Hollywood and now you are trying to be a journalist,” Parsons said.




Hopper asked Parsons if she read the review on that movie.




“The review on my movie, I did make an appearance in a Hollywood hotel movie and I appeared as myself,” Parsons said. “The critics said Louella Parsons looks exactly the way she sounds. I thought that was a complement. Hedda, go, go, go, queen of the quickies, it’s time for you to quickly leave.”




Hopper left the stage and Parsons started her radio show giving all the good gossip to the crowd as they roared with laughter.




“I am the one who invented this business, writing about the movies,” Parsons said. “Before anyone read photoplay or watched any other news reels about movie stars, I was the one who did it first. I’ve got a nose for news, an eye for a story and the hide of a rhinoceros. You have to … it’s a tough business.”





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taylor Swift Having “Trouble” Selling Tickets For “Reputation” Tour?

Demi Moore, Ed Helms NOT Dating, Despite Report

Jax Taylor: Caught Cheating on Brittany Cartwright AGAIN?!